I have a rich background as an independent director with a specialty in young (sub)cultures and new narratives. Born in Suriname, with roots in French Guiana and Guyane, I grew up in Haarlem (Schalkwijk) and am now residing in Amsterdam. I move effortlessly between artists, institutions and the public.
At the moment I work as the founding director of the Open Space Contemporary Art Museum, in short OSCAM. A museum in Amsterdam for fashion, art, design, craftsmanship and development. As the founding director of OSCAM I act as a steward, activate ideas, draw connections, bring attention to lesser-known artists and overlooked regions, and highlight topics that warrant deeper conversation.
In addition to OSCAM, I largely volunteer for the following
- fellow at Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht
- member Supervisory Board Bonnefanten Museum
- chairman Advisory Board Fashion For Good museum
- commission Volkskrant
- board member of Amsterdams 4 en 5 Mei Comite
- jury Black Achievement Month 2023
- coalition member 3Package Deal (fashion) AFK
- focus group Metropool Amsterdam Club (MAC)
- focus group Amsterdam Museum
Photo: Laila Cohen for Cultuurfonds.nl